This is another street in Pollokshaws with a strong connection to Kilkie family members. The street was completely dismantled in 1960 and Thornliebank Road now follows the approximate route that the street used to take.
Pollokshaws is a district on the southside of the city of Glasgow. The housing stock mostly consists of some old and modern brick tenement-style buildings. According to the United Kingdom Census 2001 Pollokshaws has a population of 4,295. Pollokshaws was the first destination and residence for Kilkie family members in Scotland.
Before 1912 Pollokshaws was a burgh in its own right. In 1912 the burgh was annexed by Glasgow City Council to become part of Greater Glasgow. One consequence of this change was that names that already existed in Glasgow couldbnt be allowed in the new Pollokshaws part of Glasgow and a new name had to be found for duplicate streets. Note this also happened in other Annexes eg the Gorbals.